Follow by Email

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

The Liquors of Love

There are some of you who just had a little puke in your mouth by merely reading the above title. Half of you are gagging at the inevitable Feb cheese factor and the other half are still recovering from the 27 beers ingested at RHCP on Saturday night. BUT I figure if you’ve gotten to line three of this little write up, you might as well read the whole shebam yes?
You may have noticed that I haven’t posted a martini review in quite some time; this is for three very respectable reasons:
1.       The overindulgence of Martini’s over the last year is starting to eat into my undying love for the short and strong cocktail. To put it plainly, my appetite for all things gin is drying up from over exposure. We can’t have that.
2.      Martinis are a pretty penny at most establishments, so unless I start selling organs on the black market you buggers will have to sponsor me a few.
3.      There’s so much more to appreciate than just a Martini or a cocktail of my taste – I want to do some exploring.
So today, as part of my overindulgent shmooshy Valentines month of blogs, we’re talking about – you guessed it – LUUURVE potions of the booze persuasion.
To Shoot
Red Headed Slut
1 ounce Cranberry Juice
1/2 ounce Peach Schnapps
3/4 ounce J├Ągermeister
Combine all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake to blend and chill. Strain into a large shot glass.

I’ve never tried this one before but I’m super keen. I know everyone expects something creamy and comfortable (for lack of a better word) but what are shooters for? In my opinion they are supposed to encourage a rush of blood to the head… and this one packs a punch. Kinda like the moment you first realise you’re in love. BAM! There it is.


To Sip

December 2012 saw me taking a fabulous holiday on the Champagne train and my favourite and most affordable was always a deliciously crisp Graham Beck. Nothing says romance like bubbly! It’s light and lovely and your inhibitions will float away a little more with each tiny delicious bubble!





To Share
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again – the richness of a full chocolaty mouthful of The Chocolate Block just reminds me of late nights, long conversations and ruby stained kisses. This favourite of mine has become so popular it’s becoming hard to get hold of, but I think it’s the perfect addition to a romantic night in.  
 
 
 
To Go

For me, the best places to go out for a romantic drink are the ones where you can get a little privacy for hand holding and cake sharing. One of my fave places for this is The Michelangelo coffee shop overlooking Sandton Square. Order a big slice of cake to share and a bottle of vino while you people watch and get cosy in a corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment