Follow by Email

Tuesday, 23 October 2012

Martini Review - Full Stop



I know - Full Stop... touch and go right? eh, wrong! For those of you who haven't yet visited the new and revamped Full Stop in Parkhurst, prepare to be delightfully surprised! I'd sworn off the place after a certain disappointing Risotto but with the inviting summer garden and a new snazzy menu I've become somewhat of a return customer. Besides - if the gays are doing it, it's worth a drop in innit?

Hazelnut Espresso Martini

I must admit, I was slightly disappointed with the short list selection of cocktails on show - but then again aren't the best menus small on selection but big on flavour? This one seemed like an obvious choice as I'm a sentimental ol gal and this is the way I describe My Guys eyes - Hazelnut Espresso, divine. So how did the cocktail measure up? Hmm, not entirely. My first mistake was thinking that I enjoy the taste of Espresso, which I clearly don't. I found the drink to be a little tough for my personal taste, like if a ruthless businesswoman was a drink - this is her. Coffee lovers will adore the strong roasted taste, I liked the playful nutty hazelnut but that's about it. Maybe best for a hangover pick me up.

1 Olive



Watermelon Cosmopolitan

Some people think the perfect summer indulgence is watermelon in the pool... I prefer a pool of watermelon... COSMO's! Lovely, light summer cocktail. I like em how I like my men - sweet and strong! Maybe a little too sweet for some and you can't have watermelon flavoured anything without it tasting ever so slightly like that roll up bubblegum you had when you were a kid. Unless you didn't. And then you haven't really had a childhood have you?

4 Olives

No comments:

Post a Comment