Follow by Email

Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Martini Review - Liquid Chefs



Not to blow my own horn or anything, but I am a great friend. How do I know this? Because I recently helped Ed pick out a fantastic anniversary gift 4 the Gf. As most of us ladies know, boys don't always know what 2 buy us... thats where I swoop in with my great gal gift skills. U totally want your bf to know me... I will hook a sister up! I digress... My reward for services rendered was a trip to Liquid Chefs in Rosebank because Ed also happens to be a great friend 2 and knows me all too well.  


So the amazing thing about this place is that you can design your own Martini and cocktails. WHAT? Yes, I said it. The menu comes with a number of ingredients and easy steps for you to concoct your own boozy bonanza... they've got some herb vibes going on, fruity stuff accent flavours. Its all very snazzy. Unfortunately, here's where I stop being cool and start being a dumbass. I thought I'd try something a little different with flavours I know I love. The fact that I am not a Top Chef Mixologist contestant did not cross my mind as I ordered a Cherry and Thyme Martini. 


In Eds words: 


"I feel like I've just licked a leg of lamb soaked in vodka"


wow. fail. 


So while I'm going to give this drink a 1/2 olive rating I encourage you all to go and make a delicious combo of your own that isn't a complete cocktail catastrophe. Pomegranate, Rose Water, Mint... I could have done so much better, and I love the concept. Won't be the first time I say that, won't be the last. Guess we have to kiss a few frogs before we find a prince and sip on a few failed flavours before we find one with finesse. 



No comments:

Post a Comment